Friday, February 24, 2012

Polka Dot Owl

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday! Its the very last one in February. Today I have a cute little owl design to show you. I did this with a nail art contest in mind. Sarah from Chalkboard Nails is doing a Dotting Tool Contest. You can only use a dotting tool (or something that counts as a dotting tool like a toothpick). No nail art brushes, just the brush that comes with your polish.





I just love my little owl! For the owl and polka dots, I used Julep Olivia, Miranda, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White. Everything was done with my nail polish brush (from Miranda) and my dotting tools. This design was inspired by CutePolish (she has the cutest designs).

I love these polishes. All were easy to work with. My nails with the dots have one coat of Miranda. Most of Julep's polishes seem to be one coaters, which I love.

13 comments:

  1. This is soooooo cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute owl! And I just love your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually got these polishes back in October because they were exactly what I wanted for an owl. Took me forever to get around to actually doing it though. :)

      Delete
  3. So in love - I have got to try out an owl mani here soon. The brown and turquoise are gorgeous on each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was super easy to do. You ought to try an owl mani. :)

      Delete
  4. This is super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks a lot like cutepolish's owl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. There's a link to her in the post. :)

      Delete
  6. oh I love this cute owl design

    ReplyDelete