Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge Day 5 - Gotta Love Chick Flicks!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday! I have another design for the Girly Girl Nail Challenge for you today. This challenge lasts a month and includes eight different days of nail art. Instead of trying to keep up with a new nail design each day, we have two each week. Day Five is Gotta Love Chick Flicks: We just can't resist! Wear a mani inspired by your favorite chick flick.




My favorite chick flick is without a doubt The Notebook. Its an amazing love story. If you have not seen the movie, I will not spoil it for you by telling you about my mani, I promise. Noah writes Allie a letter everyday for a year. 365 letters.




I painted all of my nails with three thin coats of Essie Bone Chilling. For my ring finger, I used a L.A. Color Art Deco Black Striper then painted a heart with a dotting tool and Julep Cameron. For the rest of my fingers, I wrote out words with the tip of a calligraphy pen. I could not get the letters small enough with polish. And calligraphy pens will not bleed or run. 

Please check out the other lovely bloggers participating in this challenge. :)

Amanda of Nox Nails
Amanda of Berry Polished
Ashley of Smashley Sparkles
Eugenia of Talon-ted
Jess of LuvMyLacquer
Kelly of Devilish Polish
Olivia of Unprofessional Nails
Robin, Erin, and Anna of Polished Cousins
Sarah of See Sarah Swatch
Stephanie of A Little Polish
Tressa of O' Natur Nail

24 comments:

  1. I've got one of those Sally Hansen nail art pens in black. It would be great for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not even think of those. I need to get some.

      Delete
  2. The Notebook is another one of my favorite chick flicks (I love seeing all these manicures inspired by movies I love!). And using the calligraphy pen for the writing is such a cool idea, it turned out amazing! Where did you get the pen (I am assuming it has its own ink, not the kind you dip in ink...) because I would love to try this out!
    ~Amanda of berrypolished.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      I got it from Hobby Lobby. I love my calligraphy pen! Doesn't smudge or fade.

      Delete
  3. I'm having so much fun participating in this challenge! I love this look you created. Its so intricate. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was just waiting for someone to do this movie. i can't watch it eventhough my bf is in it. it makes me bawl everytime but fantastic mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to one else did this movie. I love all of the movies I've seen done.

      Delete
  6. This challenge has been the most fun for me. I love seeing everyone's different movies and interpretations. This is fabulous! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed all of the days in this challenge. I love seeing all the designs.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Wow! This fantastic. I was looking at the pictures before I completed the description and I'm thinking you'd 'interpreted' writing. Then I looked a little closer... "Holy S%$#! Those are actual words!"

    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yea, I was trying to write actual words. Granted, some of them look like scribble. But Noah did write Allie the letters. Men generally scribble.

      Delete
  8. Oh this is amazing! So pretty :) I love that movie and I love the mani you did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the writing, and then the envelope accent nail. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is such a great manicure and a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super idea! Pretty! :) I vote for you! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't win, but number 6 out of 31 isn't bad. :)

      Delete