Monday, October 1, 2012

One, Two, Freddy's Coming For You

I hope you are enjoying your Monday! It is the first day of October (YAY) and the first day of the challenge I am participating in. The This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge started by Bec at Lacquer Dreams. The challenge runs the length of October, just not everyday. Today is horror movies. I LOVE horror movies! I based my design on my favorite man in the horror genre.





If the title didn't give it away already, this manicure is all about Nightmare on Elm Street. I absolutely love Freddy Krueger! I did green and red stripes for his dirty sweater, slashes for his razor fingers, blood splatter, and brown for his hat. I'm hoping the sweater and slashes are enough to scream Freddy.

For his sweater, I used Essie Blood Curdling and Color Club Artsy Crafty. I sponged on a sheer layer of Color Club Rebel Spirit to give it an even dirtier look. For the slashes, I painted on two coats of Orly Decades of Dysfunction. When it was mostly dry but still a bit tacky, I ran lines of Blood Curdling over it with a nail art brush. The blood splatter starts off with two coats of Decades of Dysfunction. Then I used a straw and blew polish to create the splatter. Finally the brown for his hat. I used Rebel Spirit and sponged on light patches of Julep Olivia to give a bit of dimension.

So, what's your favorite scary movie?

 Check out the other amazing designs done for this challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Love these and love the name of the post! I think my fave has to be your ring finger....the first day of this challenge is quite the macabre one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome nails!!! I'm so terrified of this movie!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I also do the challenge, please, add me to the list of participants! kisses, my blog is http://manicuradefantasia.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete